A. DEFINITION OF THINKING:
- Stimulation of brain for anything is called Thinking.
- To use the mind in active way to form new connected ideas.
- MODES/ FORMS OF THINKING:
Deliberate thinking takes three basic forms:
- Analyzing: A Greek word “analus = resolution into simple parts”. Means tracing of things to their sources and the discovery of general principles underlying specific phenomenon.
- Synthesizing: A Greek word “sunthesis = result of building up separate elements”. Or putting together of parts so as to make up a complex whole. All synthesis process are creative.
- Valuing/ Evaluation: A French word “evaluar” means thinking about something in relation in values & standards. The perception & response of values is associated with a wide range of emotions and feelings which vary from individual to individual.
- TYPES OF THINKING:
J.P GUIL FORD suggested the types into following:
- Converging thinking: In this type, we select a single correct solution out of several alternatives.
- Diverging (Creativity) thinking: in this type, we generate as many different solutions as possible.
- LEVELS OF THINKING:
According to the Sigmund Freud, the mental activity of an individual categorized into three levels as:
- Conscious Level: Conscious mind is concerned with immediate present awareness. It is involved in deliberate thinking, problem solving and decision making
- Foreconcious level: Foreconcious level mind is the store house of the memory. It is possible to recall data facts and experience which can readily become conscious.
- Unconscious level: Below the level recall lies a store house experience through the desires & feelings which once conscious, but are completely forgotten now.
- CREATIVE THINKING:
- It is a way of creating new ideas.
- It leads to the nature in flexibility of choice & it gains in quality of decision.
- There are four aspects of creativity:
- Ideas or product created
- Process of creating
- Person of creator
- Environment of creative thinking
- STEPS OF CREATIVE THINKING:
There are five steps of creative thinking:
- Stimulus: Creative thinking does not occur in vacuum. It needs some stimulus to work on.
- Exploration: As diverge thinking, increasing quality of idea and allow adequate time.
- Planning: As defining information gathering information & making thinking visible.
- Activity: It is doing some thing with one’s ideas that counts in life.
Review: Some times it should be set a side for evaluator or review.