How do you define “Minutes of meeting”? what are some steps included in writing Minutes of meeting?
Meeting minutes are a written record of the conversation and decisions that are made over the course of a meeting. Meeting minutes are applicable to any kind of group within a company, including a board meeting, where the parties involved include boards of directors.
But it is important to capture the essence of the meeting, including details such as:
- decisions made (motions made, votes, etc.)
- next steps planned
- identification and tracking of action items
The five steps that you must include are:
- Record taking – at the meeting
- Minutes writing or transcribing
- Distributing or sharing of meeting minutes
- Filing or storage of minutes for future reference