A. DEFINITION OF DELEGATION:
Delegation is defined as to give own’s power to others for decision making. Responsibility & authority is delegated to lowest level at what it can be completely discharged. It should be no cause of sub- ordinates to become over-loaded.
- DELEGATION AUTHORITY & RESPONSIBILITY:
The leader is the responsible for failure or success of the team. At the same time each health worker is also responsible for the particular task of his/her special job. On the way of using authority is to delegate. It means to give it to others the power to make the decision.
ADVANTAGES OF DELEGATION:
- To save time for others.
- The workers on spot must be able to make decision
- To save delayed time, long delayed decision
- Workers enjoy their work
- Workers become more skillful
DISADVANTAGES OF DELEGATION:
- Work may not be done or less well due to lack of knowledge
- Wrong decision may be taken by workers
- Leader may pass all his/her work on followers.
- If delegation is not done properly, then it is very harmful.
RULES FOR DELEGATION AUTHORITY & RESPONSIBILITY:
- Classify exactly that what is delegated
- Select the right person & make sure that he/she can do properly
- Explain to others that I have delegated work & to whom
- Do not interfere unless asked for
- Give support as needed.